Advancement is a strategic, integrated method of managing relationships to increase understanding and support among key constituents of an educational institution. These include alumni and friends, government policy makers, the media, members of the community and philanthropic entities of all types.
Vision of Advancement Office: To build a viable and mutually beneficial relationship between the University, the alumni and stakeholders aimed at eliciting support for University wide programmes.
Mission of Advancement Office: To maintain a network of alumni, friends, foundations and benefactors who support academic research, student development and structural development of the University.
Core mandates of the office
- Team work & Collaboration
- Respect for stakeholders.
The primary areas of the Advancement Office are alumni relations, linkages, strategic marketing and fostering of donor-centered relationships.
The Advancement Office works on behalf of the University to:
- Secure private financial support from potential donors committed to the mission of the institution
- Engage alumni in the life of the institution as volunteers, advocates and supporters
- Promote or market the institution to donors, prospective students, and others
- Communicate about the strides and products of the institution with those who have a stake in its successes including members of the University community, business/industry leaders, government officials, the press and others.
Objectives of the Office:
- Fostering a culture of giving among our constituents.
- Promoting alternative funding to support new and existing programmes in the University.
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with and between the Constituents.
- Strengthening the FULafia brand
- Increasing the visibility of Advancement office within the University Community
The Advancement Office creates, manages and sustains alliances that support the vision and mission of the Federal University Lafia and building a viable network of alumni, staff, parents, friends, community leaders, corporations and foundations who support academic research, student development, and structural development of Federal University Lafia through grants and donations to ensure that FULafia continues its tradition of producing confident, competent, reflective, visionary leaders and responsible citizens for the nation. In addition, the Office explores avenues to enhance the profile of the University and also leveraging of events and activities to enhance prospect engagement and involvement.